Just like an artist needs good tools, it is vital to have good quality brushes to apply your makeup. Using makeup brushes or sponges decreases the risk of breakouts as all the nasty germs and oils from your hands can’t make their way onto your precious skin.
I know good quality makeup brushes can be very expensive but unlike costly makeup they can’t run out or go bad in a short period of time making them a worthwhile investment.
Ok! That’s my skincare lesson done! What I really wanted to focus on was the different makeup brushes I use, where they are from and what I use them for.
It’s probably easiest if I list them in order of my normal makeup routine:
- MAC Duo fibre face brush / MAC Foundation brush – For either foundation or BB/CC cream
- Boots Small angled sponge – For concealer
- Clinique powder brush – For powder to set my foundation
- Sephora mineral powder brush – For bronzer
- Sephora classic bronzer brush – For highlighter (not bronzer)
- Sephora angled contour brush – For blush
- The Body Shop eye shadow brush – Surprise surprise for eyeshadow
So that’s my brush collection! I have to say that MAC, Sephora and Clinique are the best places to buy brushes despite the fact they are very pricey. Also I’ve heard around the blog’o’sphere that Bobbi Brown’s brushes are pretty fab as well.
I would love to hear what brushes you guys use ect. so do post comments below!
Thanks for reading, more to come soon!
Bethany Jane x x